MEDFORD, Ore. — Two businesses are celebrating their grand openings this weekend with fundraisers for Sparrow Clubs. That includes a family-owned and family-operated restaurant, Los Buffalitos and Lithia Medford Volkswagen.
Los Buffalitos opens its doors Saturday at 2 p.m. 10% of its sales from both Saturday and Sunday will go to Sparrow Clubs. The Banuelos family said it wanted to give to the organization after one of their family members was adopted as a sparrow.
Jose Pepe Banuelos said, “It’s Adryan, giving back. He got the help when he needed it and now it’s his turn to give back.”
Adryan was adopted to South Medford High School during the 2012-2013 school year. When he was two years old he jumped off a couch suffering a severe brain injury and losing his motor skills. He is doing well, but is still on a long road to recovery.
Los Buffalitos is on Riverside, next to H&R Block in Medford.
This weekend you can also drive donations to Sparrow Clubs. Lithia Medford Volkswagen is holding a fundraising event for the organization from Friday to Sunday. For every test drive, the company will donate $10 in your name to Sparrow Clubs. $100 will go to Sparrow Clubs for every car sold.
It’s happening at Lithia Medford Volkswagen’s new location off Highway 62 in Medford.
- Funding the Flight
- Honor Flights
- Dad books flights to spend Christmas with flight attendant daughter
- Sparrows Take Flight with Santa
- Sparrows Prepare to Take Flight
- Taking Flight: Dealing With Death
- Buying Coffee, Funding Research
- Fog Creates Flight Delays and Cancellations
- Lufthansa sues passenger who missed his flight
- Mercy Flights sees increase in medical calls