PORTLAND, Ore. -- A former Sparrow, Addi Irey, is in the hospital after an AVM in her brain burst, resulting in fluid and pressure on the brain.
The 9-year-old was born with three AVMs. Two of them were surgically removed years ago, but the third one burst over the holiday weekend. The location of this AVM makes it impossible to remove it surgically. For that reason, it will have to be removed with radiation.
There are new concerns about Addi's condition because doctors found a fourth AVM. Her dad says this was a surprise to her neurologist. This means her body can now grow AVMs.
You can help by donating here.
- Former Sparrow Hospitalized
- Students Welcome Sparrow
- LOGOS Charter School Welcomes Sparrow
- Sparrows Take Flight with Santa
- Sparrows Prepare to Take Flight
- Celebrating Service for a Sparrow
- Pet of the Week: Sparrow
- Sparrow Clubs Celebrates 20 Years
- Ashland Middle School Adopts Classmate as Sparrow
- Senior Supports Sparrow Clubs with Photography