Paul Coughlin, President & Founder of The Protectors, addresses what bullying is and how your child can escape it his lesson of "Bullying Defined."
Protectors University offers anti-bullying education and inspiration.
Coughlin states in lesson one that studies show only 13 percent of kids who see bullying actually intervene. About 40 to 60 percent actually help the bully in one form or another.
"This is not a school problem. This is a cultural problem," says Coughlin.
Parents can help diminish bullying by denouncing it when they see it and asking their children to report, not tattle, to adults.
"It's up to parents more than teachers to change this. Kids will do heroic things when we give them heroic things to do," says Coughlin.
Watch the lesson in the video above or visit www.theprotectors.org for more information.
- Protectors University: Bullying Defined
- Protectors University: Helping Targets
- Protectors University: Getting to the Truth
- The Protectors Hold Event To Raise Awareness About Bullying
- The Protectors Speak to South Medford High Students
- Combating Food Allergy Bullying
- Blue Shirt Day Promotes Bullying Prevention to Stomp Out Bullying
- Three Words to Stop Bullying
- Bullying Can Damage A Child's Brain
- How to Avoid Bullying in School