Paul Coughlin, President and Founder of "The Protectors," gives parents the information they need to stop bullying.
He says that parents, not teachers, are the first line of defense against bullying. So what can you do? Coughlin says, "document, document, document." He says that schools need the facts: who, what, where and when.
Coughlin says to get collaborative testimony to back up your child's story because bullies often lie when they're challenged.
He says to tell your child to avoid hot spots and teach them to respond to bullies with "whatever" and "right" with confidence.
Coughlin says many children that are bullied don't have that many friends, so it's important to help them grow their friendships through shared interests and hobbies.
"Bullying is not a right of passage, it's a form of intentional abuse. Document and incorporate this advice to bring freedom from bullying not just now, but later in life as well," says Coughlin.
- Protectors University: Helping Targets
- Protectors University: Bullying Defined
- Protectors University: Getting to the Truth
- The Protectors Hold Event To Raise Awareness About Bullying
- The Protectors Speak to South Medford High Students
- Samsung warning: Galaxy S10 and Note 10 owners should remove their screen protectors now
- Trader Joes Thieves Targeting Women
- Target is helping to revive the Toys 'R' Us brand online
- Lawsuit Targets Utilities Over Wildfire, Mudslides
- Ashland ATM Targeted by Skimming Device