(CNN) -- Golden State Warriors basketball star Draymond Green is facing a civil lawsuit believed to be tied to an incident that occurred in Michigan last year.
Jermaine Edmondson and his girlfriend are suing green on claims of physical assault, bullying and misleading statements.
Edmondson says the incident happened last summer on the campus of Michigan State University, where green played college ball.
"On July 9th, Draymond Green bumped into me in a bar on MSU campus. I told him that he could have at least said excuse me. But instead, he asked people around me who I was, like I wasn't even worthy talking to him. Then he looked at me in the eye and said I know (bleep) like you. I pay for (bleep) like your scholarship. Before I could tell him how messed up he had me, how messed up that was for him to say that, these two men who were following him around grabbed me, choked me against the wall. When I finally got free, I heard my girlfriend, Bianca, crying and calling out for me. She told me that one of the men had turned around and choked her also” says Edmonson.
Edmondson was a member of the Michigan State football team.
- Man Alleges Assault by NBA Player
- Pursuit involving a former NBA player ends just feet away from family's home
- White City Man Jailed for Alleged Convenience Store Assault Over Gummy Bears
- Man Facing 7 Years in Prison for Assault, Strangulation
- Sheriff: Josephine County Man Accused of Assault, Threats of Shooting
- Klamath Falls Man Accused of Assaulting Child While Babysitting
- Sheriff: Cave Junction Man Arrested After Assault With Baseball Bat
- Deputies Arrest Sexual Assault Suspect
- Four More Thai Soccer Players Rescued