YREKA, Calif. -- A local pizza business is taking a stand against bullying.
Pizza Factory is using its napkins to help kids fight back.
A manager says this is a franchise-wide program for the restaurants up and down the coast.
The company is promoting anti-bullying messages on kids menus, pizza boxes, napkins, employee uniforms and in the work culture of Pizza Factory.
The napkin has a "what to do" list for the kids and adults to read and offers tips on how to handle bullies.
Kids can color on a sheet and sign a certificate that says they'll do their best to stand up to bullying.
"When I was bullying this girl, she cried in front of me, and it reminded me of when I was being bullied, and it really was a huge impact, so I stopped myself and I was like 'are you ok? I'm really sorry,' and I apologized right then and there, and that's when I personally started being like 'alright, this needs to stop,'" says Molly Greenfield, Pizza Factory Manager.
The manager says some parents are using this as a good opportunity to talk to their kids about bullying.
- Yreka Restaurant Takes Stand Against Bullying
- Stand Up To Bullying: 30 Minute Special
- Job Fair at New Casino in Yreka
- Yreka Police Chief Announces His Retirement
- No charges filed in Yreka school threat
- Protectors University: Bullying Defined
- Combating Food Allergy Bullying
- Yreka Man Arrested after Stabbing Man Multiple Times
- Over 800 apply for jobs at new casino in Yreka
- UPDATE: Car Found Abandoned in Yreka Belonged to Decapitation Victim