Avoiding Accidental Carbon Monoxide Exposure

With the weather getting colder, many are getting ready to start up their fireplaces and stoves. However, if you're not careful, you could end up releasing Carbon Monoxide into your home without even realizing it.

Posted: Oct. 18, 2017 6:11 AM
Updated: Oct. 19, 2017 1:42 PM

MEDFORD, Ore.-- With the weather getting colder, many are getting ready to start up their fireplaces and stoves.

However, if you're not careful, you could end up releasing Carbon Monoxide into your home without even realizing it.

Providence Trauma Coordinator Heather Timmons explains what you should keep in mind to keep your home and family safe this winter.

Article Comments

Medford
Clear
60° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 60°
Brookings
Overcast
48° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 48°
Crater Lake
Clear
58° wxIcon
Hi: 67° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 58°
Grants Pass
Clear
64° wxIcon
Hi: 77° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 64°
Klamath Falls
Clear
58° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 58°
Sunny Start to the Week
KDRV Radar
KDRV Fire Danger
KDRV Weather Cam

Latest Video

Image

Genetic History & Cancer Screening

Image

Dry Start to the Week

Image

VIDEO FORECAST: Sunny and Warm Start to the Week

Image

CERT trains 21 Volunteers in Mock Earthquake Exercise

Image

Local Cannabis Farm Grows Potatos and Garlic to Donate to ACCESS

Image

Friday Night Blitz Week Eight

Image

Measure 106

Image

VIDEO FORECAST: Warm & Dry Weekend

Image

OnTrack Contract Canceled After Josephine County Audit

Image

Illinois Valley Adds Bleeding Control Kits to Classrooms

Community Events