MEDFORD, Ore. -- Providence Medford Medical Center is offering free training to people interested in helping out with hospice care. The training course will cover the basic principles of hospice care, teaching volunteers to understand hospice values like patient care, special needs of families, pain and symptom management and more.
Providence says there is a real need for hospice volunteers in all areas of the Rogue Valley, but especially in Eagle Point, Shady Cove, Gold Hill, Central Point and Grants Pass.
Both men and women over the age of 18 are encouraged to apply and no previous hospice experience is required. Areas of volunteer service can include respite care, friendly visits, program support and connections program.
Training will happen at the end of November/early December. For details on registration, you can contact Susan Cooper, Hospice Volunteer Coordinator at 541-732-6532.
- Providence Offers Free Hospice Volunteer Training
- Lovejoy Hospice
- Providence Medford Offers Free Lung Cancer Screenings
- Klamath County Libraries Offer Free Tax Help
- Oregon offers free fishing weekend August 17-18
- RVTD offering free bus rides all day
- Children's Advocacy Center of Jackson County offers free child sexual abuse training
- Free job training in the Rogue Valley
- Volunteer Goes Inside Burning Home to Watch Training
- CERT trains 21 Volunteers in Mock Earthquake Exercise