MEDFORD, Ore.--The Grants Pass Cavemen (5-2, 3-1) were guided by three touchdowns and three interceptions from senior Tayler Phillips, en route to a 34-14 win over North Medford (2-5, 2-3) on Friday Night at Spiegelberg Stadium.
The Cavemen jumped out to a 17-0 lead and then extended it even more when quarterback Blain Hobbs found Phillips in the nick of time for a touchdown pass on a third and goal.
North Medford didn't go quietly, however. Thanks to a sky-scraping downfield catch from tight end Eli Spence and a shifty catch and run from running back Isaac Manuel, the North Medford offense marched down the field and answered with a quarterback keeper from Joshua Robbins. The touchdown plunge cut the deficit to 27-8 heading into the half.
A steady dose of Phillips, both offensively and defensively, proved too much for the Black Tornado to overcome, however, and Grants Pass salvaged a split of its two games in Medford this season.
The Cavemen close the season with home games against South Eugene and Sheldon, while North Medford has an out-of-conference game against McNary (5-2) in week eight and finishes the year with Willamette in week nine.
- Friday Night Blitz: Huge Night from Tayler Phillips Nets Grants Pass Win
- Friday Night Blitz: Playoffs Round Two
- Friday Night Blitz Games Change Due to Smoke
- Friday Night Blitz Week 3: Scores and Highlights
- Friday Night Blitz: Freshman Bradd Shines for Eagle Point On Senior Night, Eagles Fall to Marist
- Friday Night Blitz: Crater Clinches Playoff Spot With Win Over North Eugene
- Friday Night Blitz: Crater's Cade Weaver Wins Play of the Week
- Friday Night Blitz: Cascade Christian Crushes St. Mary's to Win League Title Again
- Friday Night Blitz: Cascade Christian's Schaan Wins Play of the Week
- Friday Night Blitz: North Medford Clinches Playoff Berth With Decisive Win Over Willamette