LONDON (AP) - Police in southeastern England say 39 people were found dead in a truck container believed to have come from Bulgaria.
A 25-year-old-man from Northern Ireland has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Chief Superintendent Andrew Mariner said Wednesday that authorities are in the process of trying to identify the 38 adults and one teenager. It is expected to be a lengthy process.
Mariner says the truck entered the country on Saturday, Oct. 19 and that police were "working closely with our partners to investigate."
A cordon has been put in place around Waterglade Industrial Park in Thurrock, which remains closed.
- 39 people found dead in truck container in southeast England
- Two People Found Dead in Siskiyou County
- Missing Oregon Truck Driver Found
- Containing Escape Artist Plants
- Operation C.A.R.E. Surveys Southeast Medford Residents
- 39 tons of Butterball ground turkey recalled after salmonella cases
- MIssing Ashland Woman Found Dead
- In The Garden: Container Soils
- UPDATE: Rocky Fire fully contained
- Ward Fire now 34% contained