Photo Gallery 3 Images
CHICO, Calif. — It's going to be a busy end to the week in the North State as Presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders hosts three campaign events.
Sen. Sanders began a town hall in Chico at the Chico Masonic Family Center at noon on Thursday. Doors opened to the public at 10:30 a.m. The event was free with tickets not required, but the campaign encouraged an RSVP. Entrance was on a first-come, first-served basis.
INTERACT: If you could ask a question of Sen. Sanders during a town hall, what would you ask?
Tell us in the comments below.
Following the town hall, Sen. Sanders will head to Sacramento for a rally at the Cesar Chavez Plaza at 6 p.m.
Motorists were told to expect increased traffic and potential delays in the areas surrounding the locations before and after each event. Chico Police advised traffic could be impacted between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. and drivers were encouraged to use alternative routes.
The next day, Sanders will address the Democratic National Committee at its summer meeting in San Francisco before holding a town hall on college affordability and student debt.
Sen. Sanders started his trip to the North State Thursday by visiting Paradise where he toured the damage from the Camp Fire.
- 2020 candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders tours Northern California
- Sen. Bernie Sanders Announces Presidential Run In 2020
- Bernie Sanders' ceiling and Joe Biden's 'Avengers'
- Earthquake Strikes Northern California
- Bernie Sanders announces rural America plan that targets corporate farms
- Bernie Sanders releases tax plan to target income inequality
- Bernie Sanders says he is 'assessing' his presidential campaign
- Democratic candidates try to put Bernie Sanders in the hot seat in last debate before crucial primaries
- Firefighters Battle Multiple Northern California Wildfires
- Northern California Wildfires Prompt Evacuations, Burn Homes