UPDATE 12/29 4PM: The driver of the Toyota was identified as, 65 year old, Vernon Black from Rancho Cucamonga, California and the passenger was identified as, 59 year old Rachael Black also from Ranch Cucamonga, California.
WHITE CITY, Ore. -- A husband and wife are dead after a crash at the intersection of Highway 140 and Kershaw Road. Troopers from the Central Point Area Command responded to a semi-tractor/passenger car crash.
Sergeant Jeff Proulx with the Oregon State Police says the couple didn't stop a stop sign, and pulled out onto Highway 140 in front of the semi truck. The couple were pronounced deceased on scene by medical personnel.
Proulx added there is no suspicion of criminal action by the semi driver, who is cooperating with the investigation.
The Oregon State Police was assisted by Fire District 3, Mercy Flights, Jackson County Sheriff's office and the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- 2 Killed in Highway 140 Crash near Kershaw Road
- Traffic on Highway 140 affected by crash at Kershaw Road
- ODOT Looks At Short-Term Hwy 140 at Kershaw Solutions
- Two Accidents at Highway 140 & Kershaw in Less Than A Week
- Troopers Patrol Highway 140 Intersection
- Driver Killed in Passing Crash on Highway 140
- Highway 140 Closed Near Mile Marker 22
- Deadly Crash Blocks Traffic on Highway 140 Near White City
- All Lanes Open on Highway 140 Following Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Lakeview Man Dies in Single Car Crash on Highway 140