UPDATE: Oregon State Police (OSP) have identified the victims of a fatal head-on crash between a car and a motorcycle near Eagle Point over the weekend.
60-year old Daniel Foster was the driver of the motorcycle involved, and 54-year-old Catherine Hock was the passenger. Both of them were from Trail. Foster and Hock sustained fatal injuries in the crash and died at the scene.
OSP says that the driver of the vehicle—a silver Ford Mustang—was a juvenile, and was arrested at the scene for a DUII. The name of the driver has not been released. There were two other juveniles in the Mustang at the time of the crash.
Highway 234 was closed for about 3.5 hours on Saturday night.
(Updated as of 10:50 on Monday, May 21)
EAGLE POINT, Ore. — Oregon State Police say two people are dead after a head-on crash with a driver under the influence of intoxicants Saturday night.
OSP says the crash involved a motorcycle and another car. Both people on the motorcycle were killed.
OSP says the driver of the car was arrested for DUII.
The crash happened near milepost 17 of Highway 234. Emergency crews had the road blocked off to drivers from Agate Road to Highway 62 for several hours.
OSP says there were several people in the car with the driver. Nobody in the car was hurt.
Investigators are working to identify the victims and notify next of kin.
This is a developing story and will be updated with the latest information.
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims of Crash Between Motorcycle and Car
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In Single-Car Crash Near Robertson Bridge
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims in Fatal Crash on Highway 199
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims in Crash Over Hellgate Embankment
- Police identify Ashland man killed in motorcycle crash
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Grants Pass Crash
- UPDATE: Dayton victims and gunman identified
- Motorcycle rider killed in White City crash identified, investigation continues
- Police Seek Help Identifying Juvenile Victims
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Stabbing in Selma