CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. -- Police are now releasing the names of the three people involved in Saturday's deadly crash in Cave Junction.
The driver, James Towe, 41, died in the crash.
Illinois Valley Fire District had to extricate the front passenger Daniel Cartwright, 48, from the car. First responders tried to perform CPR, but Daniel died within minutes.
Amber Cartwright, 31, was thrown from the car when it hit the tree. She was taken Three Rivers Memorial Hospital in critical condition. She's since been transported to Rogue Valley Medical Center.
Police say the crash was called in by a bicyclist who found the car in a ditch. The Josephine County Sheriff's Office is asking anyone who say the crash to call police at (541) 474-5123.
Police believe speed was a factor in the crash.
(UPDATED: 12/24/18 12:27 p.m.)
The Illinois Valley Fire District says two people are dead and another hurt after a single-car crash Saturday morning.
The crash happened around 10:30 a.m. in the 6700 block of Rockydale road near Cave Junction.
Fire officials say two people were pronounced dead at the scene. A third was taken to Asante Three Rivers Medical Center Trauma Unit by AMR.
Oregon State Police are investigating the crash.
This is a developing story and will be updated with the latest information as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Police Release Names from Saturday's Cave Junction Crash
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- Police Investigate Serial Arsonist Near Cave Junction
- Missing Cave Junction Woman Found Safe
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Bingo Fanatic Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Cave Junction Expands Smoking & Vaping Ban
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- 15-acre Fire Burns Near Cave Junction