Medford, Oregon —Jackson County Public Health is reporting 18 new cases of COVID-19.
During the case investigation process, it was identified that a previously reported case did not meet the Oregon Health Authority’s definition of a COVID-19 confirmed or presumptive case and has been removed from the total reported cases in Jackson County.
This update brings the total reported COVID-19 cases in Jackson County to 559
Below are some things Jackson County Public Health recommends for enjoying summer weather:
· Stay home if you’re sick, have a pending COVID-19 test, if you are a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, or if you have an underlying medical condition that puts you at a higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
· If you host a gathering, have it outside and refrain from hosting large groups of people.
· Provide hand sanitizer or give people easy access to places where they can frequently wash their hands.
· Adjust your food offerings to avoid sharing utensils and offer individual servings. Don’t share drinks.
· During and afterward, thoroughly clean all frequently touched areas your guest had access to.
· Wear a face covering if you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distance