The Medford Police Department wrote this in a Facebook post:
“Business Owners Please Listen Up.
Sixteen businesses in Medford have been broken into in the last month. This is probably the work of one person as we have not seen a spree like this in quite a while. The suspect is targeting businesses that are not alarmed nor have video surveillance. If you own a business, please consider an alarm or video surveillance system to protect your investment. Help us catch this guy!!”
The Family Nurturing Center was just one of those businesses burglarized.
“When they broke in they used a crow bar and they actually just pried into the door that was already here and did the same thing to the inside door. So they actually had to make it through two sets of doors to be able to enter in. So everything will be reinforced with metal and we’re looking to get a new door so they can’t do it again” said Executive Director Lisa O’Connor.
The burglar was able to get away with a few items including a brand new TV that was donated. O’Connor added before the break-in, the Family Nurturing Center was already looking for security cameras, but now their search is kicking into high gear.
"We've had a lot of issues, everything from people defecating on our playground to needles from the opioid epidemic. We are in West Medford. It is one of the most deleterious neighborhoods in the valley but this takes it to a whole new level. We can't afford to keep having this happen," O'Connor said.
Although the Family Nurturing Center is just one of the 16 businesses hit in this break-in spree, O'Connor added the Family Nurturing Center is there to help people in need.
"It really disturbs me from the standpoint that we're here to help vulnerable people and we already do it on a really small margin and the idea of purchasing video cameras during the holiday season when we're trying to do the most for people who are struggling is just really disturbing," O’Connor added.
- 16 Medford Businesses Burglarized In One Month
- Police catch man burglarizing local business
- House Of Leaves Burglarized
- Medford Police Warns Businesses of Scam
- The Village Medford Center Welcomes New Businesses
- Medford Family Selected To Receive Three Months Rental Assistance
- How Many Passengers Fly Through the Medford Airport Each Month?
- Online Business Scam Claims It's Located In Medford
- Armed Suspect at Large After Robbery at Medford Business
- Medford Airport: 'Business as Usual' in Spite of Government Shutdown