MEDFORD, Ore.- Organizers say around 40,000 people will be in town to celebrate. Like every year, the streets surrounding the parade route will be crowded.
Organizers tell me around 25,000 people will line the route. It all kicks off here at the intersection of Central Avenue, Court and Edwards Street. Take a look at this parade route.
The route starts near Beatty and Central, heads down Central Avenue, turns right onto West Main Street, and ends around Peach Street.
Medford Police say say there will be about 100 officers assisting with the event.
Officer Jason Becker says, "Some of them will be officers from other agencies, community service officer is on that but they will be on the outside of the perimeter is closing the streets off they are our first line of defense from keeping people to enter where they're supposed to."
Officers are coming from as far north as Hillsboro and Eugene to assist city police.
Becker says, "Just have patience with them they're going to try and help the citizens that are participating in event to find their way but they will be dealing with someone probably that's outside of the area and maybe not familiar with Medford like we are."
With an expected 40,000 people in a few square miles, complex security plans are being created. But police say they're ready for the unexpected.
Becker says, "We don't know if or where something were to occur but if it does we have to adapt really quickly to that location so it kind of rolls with it."
Multiple streets will be blocked off which means parking will be limited too.
- 100 Police Officers Coming to Secure Pear Blossom Festival
- 65th Annual Pear Blossom Festival Begins
- Pear Blossom Festival Prepares to Celebrate 65th Year
- Pear Blossom Parade Times and Road Closures
- Pear Blossom Parade Draws 30,000 to Downtown Medford
- Platano, Johnson Crowned at Pear Blossom 10-Mile Race
- Pear Harvest in the Smoke
- At The Market: Pears and Meat
- Ashland Independent Film Festival
- The Little Woody Festival