SISKIYOU COUNTY, Cal. -- On December 15, 2017, at 2:33 a.m., the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO) received a report of a 40 year-old unresponsive female at a residence east of the city limits of Dorris, California. Medical personnel and a deputy sheriff responded to the residence where life-saving measures were administered. After unsuccessful attempts to resuscitate the female, she was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The SCSO Major Crimes Unit is currently investigating this matter to determine the nature and cause of death, and an autopsy is being scheduled in the near future. The decedent’s name is being withheld until the family is notified.
More details to come as the investigation continues.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact the SCSO’s 24-hour Dispatch Center at (530) 841-2900.
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit Investigating Butte Valley Death
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigate Suspicious Death
- Siskiyou county sheriff's office removes illegal plants in marijuana raid
- Klamath Co. Major Crime Team Investigating Suspicious Death
- Siskiyou Sheriff's Office Needs Public's Help to Crack Cold Case
- Sheriff: Two Deaths in Siskiyou County Caused by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Sheriff: Gunshot Victim Found at Siskiyou County Hospital
- Sheriff: 'Shots Exchanged' in Siskiyou County, Two Arrested
- The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Year End Report on Marijuana Busts
- CAL FIRE Siskiyou Unit Transitions Out of Peak Fire Season