The Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office said a man died after he swallowed 7 grams of cocaine during a traffic stop in Milton.
Investigators said the man, who has not been identified, was stopped around 10:30 p.m. Monday. When the man was taken into custody for driving with a suspended license, the deputy saw the man place something in his mouth.
When they arrived at the jail, deputies said the man was placed in a "close watch" area due to ingesting an unknown substance. At 5:45 a.m. Tuesday, the man said he wasn't feeling well and admitted to swallowing cocaine. He was taken away from jail by ambulance and pronounced dead at a hospital.
A full death investigation is underway by the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Division. The sheriff's office said the name of the man will be released after family is notified.
- Man dies after swallowing cocaine during traffic stop
- Driver attempts to swallow drug evidence during traffic stop
- China's forgotten village swallowed by nature
- Driver escapes before sinkhole swallows her SUV
- Girl hospitalized for days after accidentally swallowing popular holiday gift
- Gigantic cracks in Hawaii threaten to swallow home
- Sinkhole Nearly Swallows Pickup Truck Following Heavy Rain
- Enormous sink hole swallows 2 cars, one fire truck
- Why Trump can swallow the far-fetched Saudi cover story
- Dead whale in Indonesia had swallowed 1,000 pieces of plastic