Two new polls released Thursday show President Donald Trump's approval rating at 37% nearly one year into his presidency.
Trump got his highest marks for his handling of ISIS and the economy
Six in 10 said Trump is doing more to divide the country
According to the NPR/PBS/Marist poll, 53% of Americans see Trump's first year as a failure, and 61% believed he is doing more to divide the country than unite it.
Trump receives the most praise for his handling of ISIS and the economy.
In the NPR/PBS/Marist poll, 48% of Americans approve how the Trump administration has handled ISIS, 44% say the economy has improved since Trump took office and 18% say it has gotten worse.
The CBS poll also finds 67% saying the economy is in good shape, with 71% of individuals within that group also saying Trump's policies are at least partially responsible for that situation.
Aside from the economy, however, the CBS poll finds mostly negative reviews of Trump's job so far: 53% overall say he's been a "poor President," more say he's weakened the US position in the world than strengthened it (49% to 32%), and 55% say that under Trump, the country has been "mostly losing" at things it tries to do.
On Trump's first year, the NPR/PBS/Marist poll finds six in 10 saying that Trump is doing more to divide the country, with majorities saying race relations and foreign policy have gotten worse under Trump's presidency.
The NPR/PBS/Marist poll of 1,350 US adults was conducted from January 8-10, and has a margin of sampling error of 3 percentage points. The CBS poll of 1,225 US adults was conducted between January 13-16, and has a margin of sampling error of 3 percentage points.
- New polls show Trump at 37% approval
- Trump's approval rating dips to 37%, new poll finds
- Poll shows most Republicans approve of summit
- Trump approval ticking up in new poll
- It's not just CNN's poll. All polling shows Trump's approval rating dropping.
- 'Survivor' Season 37 crowns winner
- Two polls show Trump approval hovering around 40% and Democratic excitement for 2018
- CNN Poll: President Trump's approval rating edges up to 40%
- CNN Poll: Melania Trump's approval numbers top the President's
- Monmouth Poll: Trump sees uptick in approval rating