(CNN) -- A group of House conservatives are set to introduce their own proposal on immigration this week -- a move that could seek to pull ongoing bipartisan negotiations to the right. Reps. Bob Goodlatte and Raul Labrador said the bill was expected Wednesday -- with Goodlatte telling President Donald Trump about the effort in a White House meeting with bipartisan lawmakers Tuesday and Labrador speaking with reporters earlier in the day. The meeting with Trump was largely focused on resolving the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy, which Trump has opted to end but says he wants preserved legislatively in exchange for border security and immigration reforms.
(CNN) -- A group of House conservatives are set to introduce their own proposal on immigration this week -- a move th...
Posted: Jan 9, 2018 7:38 PM
Updated: Jan 9, 2018 7:38 PM
- URGENT - House conservatives prep own DACA bill
- House conservatives prep own DACA bill
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- House conservatives put Paul Ryan on notice over immigration bill
- URGENT - House passes FISA reauthorization
- White House corrects DACA meeting transcript
- Amid revolt from both sides, House GOP leaders promise vote on conservative immigration bill
- Conservatives push Ryan for vote on hardline immigration bill
- URGENT - White House fires top Tillerson aide
Scroll for more content...