MEDFORD, Ore. -- On Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m., NewsWatch 12 is proud to present "Skilled to Work: A Closer Look." The half-hour special will take a deep dive into the lack of skilled workers moving into trade jobs.
A lack of young, skilled workers moving into the industry has not only created problems for the time being, but could quickly accelerate down the road when many current workers begin to retire.
Over the past month, each NewsWatch 12 reporter has followed a different skilled worker or company — discovering the kind of opportunities available for students and willing workers right here in Southern Oregon and Northern California. Those stories will be displayed in the special.
One in-depth Skilled to Work story will run every Tuesday on NewsWatch 12 This Morning, as well as NewsWatch12 at 6 p.m.
Visit NewsWatch 12's Skilled to Work page for more information and forthcoming stories.
- Skilled to Work: A Closer Look takes a deep dive into skilled workers
- Lack of young skilled workers causes worry for the construction industry
- Taking Care of Culinary Herbs
- Construction demand continues to rise as worker gap widens
- A/C repair industry dying with lack of young workers
- Health Alert: Working Out with Arthritis
- Students Commit to RCC CTE Programs Hoping to Ease Lack of Qualified Workers Nationwide
- Rogue Tech Tour engages with students to work local
- Eagle Point High boasts successful CTE program for students keen on trade work