«

»

Wood Stove Starts Fire In Central Point

CENTRAL POINT, Ore. — Crews from Jackson County Fire district 3 respond to a fire at a Central Point area home Saturday morning. Fire crews believe it started in a wood stove.

“The best advice for wood stoves is to make sure they are installed properly. Combustibles too near the flue, it’s just a matter of time until they ignite,” said Fire District 3 Battalion Chief Arlen Blenkush.

All family members and pets made it out of the house safely. Fire crews estimate thousands of dollars of damage to the living room.