«

»

Thanksgiving Air Travel Down This Year

AirportMEDFORD, Ore. — Today there are more than 43 million Americans traveling 50 miles or more to their Thanksgiving destinations. 90% of them are going by car. The other 10% are traveling by plane.

Air travel is down this year, at just over 3 million people nationwide, a drop of nearly 4%. In the Pacific Northwest, air travel is down 5% from last year.

The Rogue Valley International Airport says it’s been smooth sailing so far today with few delays.