Fire Destroys Building

MEDFORD, Ore. — Medford fire crews are still trying to figure out what started a fire in a vacant building. An off-duty firefighter called the fire in yesterday morning, after he saw thick smoke and flames coming from an abandoned home on King’s Highway. When crews arrived, they found the structure to be fully engulfed … Continue reading »

Fire Destroys Two Structures in Merlin

MERLIN, Ore. — The Rural Metro Fire Department in Grants Pass started getting calls from concerned neighbors Monday around 9:15 p.m. that said they heard explosions and saw embers in the sky. When Rural Metro arrived at 4285 Quartz Creek Rd. at about 10:00 p.m., two structures were fully engulfed in flames on the same … Continue reading »

Garage Fire in Central Point

CENTRAL POINT, Ore. – A major structure fire is burning on the 4600 block of N. Pacific Highway in Central Point. The call came it at about 10:15 P.M. reporting a garage burning to the ground. Neighbors were the first to see the smoke and called 911. The fire was spreading so fast that crews … Continue reading »

Overnight Structure Fire

CENTRAL POINT, Ore.– A home appliance may be to blame for a structure fire on Scenic Avenue in Central Point around 10:30 last night. The owner was not home at the time, but reported the fire. Seven engines from Fire District Three responded, briefly shutting down Highway 99 to run hoses. Officials say there were propane … Continue reading »

Structure Fire Near White City

  WHITE CITY, Ore. — Investigators are looking into a structure fire reported this morning near White City. Fire officials say a car inside of the building caught fire.  The building did not have a name posted anywhere, but is believed to be an auto body repair shop. Firefighters said when the arrived on the … Continue reading »

Morning Structure Fire in Jacksonville

JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — Early Tuesday morning, crews responded to a structure fire in Jacksonville off of Applegate Street. The fire was fully engulfing a two story home when crews arrived just after 2:30. Nearby trees helped to spread the flames to the attic of a neighboring house. By 4:00, the fires were under control. No … Continue reading »

Bystander Puts Fire Out in Grants Pass

GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Early Wednesday morning police and fire personnel in Grants Pass responded to a structure fire in a two story, four-unit apartment building. An eyewitness reported a small fire in the external stairs which lead to the second floor apartment. The bystander quickly grabbed a garden hose to put the fire out … Continue reading »

Late Night Structure Fire In Eagle Point

EAGLE POINT, Ore.– An overheated rice pillow is the determined cause of a fire that destroyed half of a duplex in Eagle Point during the night. The fire began on Teakwood Drive around midnight. According to investigators, the residents were heating up a rice pillow in a microwave oven. The pillow became overheated and began … Continue reading »

Trailer Fire Barely Misses Propane Tank

MEDFORD, Ore. – An early morning fire ripped through a Medford home, destroying almost everything except the trailer’s propane tank. Neighbors say at roughly 5:00 a.m.  the flames were taller than a tree. Firefighters arrived on-scene within a couple of minutes, but the home was already fully engulfed in flames. The owner of the trailer was … Continue reading »

Structure Fire In Sams Valley

SAMS VALLEY, Ore. –  Just after midnight  fire crews responded to a fully involved house fire on Michael Road in Sams Valley. One person was home at the time of the fire and was able to escape unharmed. The home, however, has been determined to be a total loss, leaving the homeowner homeless. Units from … Continue reading »

Older posts «