Chimney Blamed for Fire in Grants Pass

GRANTS PASS, Ore. – Rural/Metro Fire confirms a chimney fire started a house fire in the 3,400 block of Elk Lane. Fire Crews were called out at 2:35 A.M. Tuesday after the property owner reported being awakened by the smoke alarm, and seeing a red glow where the wood stove pipe went into the wall … Continue reading »

Rural/Metro Takes Over Grants Pass Rural

GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Beginning at midnight on June 1st, the Grants Pass Rural Fire Department was taken over by Rural/Metro Fire Department. The owner of Grants Pass Rural, Linda Miller, says she tried to make upgrades and improvements over the last year to keep up with standards and regulations set for fire agencies. When … Continue reading »

Propane Hose to Blame for Murphy Fire

MURPHY, Ore. – Officials with Rural/Metro Fire say a leaky propane hose is to blame for a Sunday evening house fire in Murphy. That fire left one resident in intensive care, and sent a firefighter to the hospital with extreme heat exhaustion. The fire consumed much of the house, totaled three vehicles, and left two … Continue reading »