Fallen Tree Sparks House Fire

SAMS VALLEY, Ore. — Jackson County Fire District 3 officials say a tree blown down by strong winds from Thursday morning’s severe storm caused a house fire in Sams Valley. Fire fighters responded to the fire just before 6 a.m. on highway 234. Crews say the tree was blew over onto the roof of the house, … Continue reading »

Fire Displaces Family on Thanksgiving

GRANTS PASS, Ore.– A family is spending their Thanksgiving day sorting through what is left of their home. A fire tore through the garage and part of the main house, Wednesday afternoon. Fire crews said they got reports after 5 p.m. for the home on Butler Ave. They said they were able to get the fire under … Continue reading »

Chimney Fire Dangers

GRANTS PASS, Ore. —  Investigators say five house fires have already burned in grants pass these passed few weeks because of creosote build-up. If more people ignore the condition of their chimneys, fireplaces and stoves, more fires could be expected. Ladders, brushes and poles are what chimney sweeps use to remove potentially dangerous creosote from chimney … Continue reading »

Chimney Blamed for Fire in Grants Pass

GRANTS PASS, Ore. – Rural/Metro Fire confirms a chimney fire started a house fire in the 3,400 block of Elk Lane. Fire Crews were called out at 2:35 A.M. Tuesday after the property owner reported being awakened by the smoke alarm, and seeing a red glow where the wood stove pipe went into the wall … Continue reading »

Arson Not a Factor in Early Morning Fire

MEDFORD, Ore. — Fire investigators are ruling out arson in an early morning house fire on Newtown Street in downtown Medford. Units were dispatched to the fire at approximately 5 a.m. The report apparently came from the homeowner who woke up to the smell of fire on the back porch. The fire started in a … Continue reading »

Deadly House Fire is Accidental

[UPDATE 6:45 P.M.] — Rogue River Police have confirmed the cause of an overnight house fire in Rogue River that killed two people and sent a third to the hospital. Police said, Johanna Campbell-Smith, 47 of Rogue River, was able to escape the burning home by jumping from a bedroom window. The home owner, Theodore … Continue reading »

Overnight Fire Rips Through Medford Home

MEDFORD, Ore. – Fire investigators and crews worked through the night to put out a fire that fully engulfed a vacant home. According to the Medford Fire Department they received a call of a fully involved structure fire at 4:47 A.M., Saturday. Fire investigators were still on scene at 7:00 A.M., but reported that there … Continue reading »

Fire Nearly Destroys Home on Holiday

MEDFORD, Ore. — For one family this Thanksgiving, they could only watch as their home went up in flames late Thursday night. Medford Fire Battalion Chief Erin Sawall said, “Most of the house is unlivable at this time.” Several nearby residents were forced to evacuate their homes around midnight when the house on the 3000 … Continue reading »

Propane Hose to Blame for Murphy Fire

MURPHY, Ore. – Officials with Rural/Metro Fire say a leaky propane hose is to blame for a Sunday evening house fire in Murphy. That fire left one resident in intensive care, and sent a firefighter to the hospital with extreme heat exhaustion. The fire consumed much of the house, totaled three vehicles, and left two … Continue reading »

Fires Keep Rogue Valley Crews Busy

MEDFORD, Ore. – Firefighters say as temperatures heat up, it’s combining with wind to help dry out fire fuels, and allow fires to burn faster. Fire crews across Southern Oregon responded to several grass fires and house fires in just the past day. Monday afternoon, Medford firefighters responded to Clark and Cedar Streets around 2 … Continue reading »

Older posts «