Crews Responding to House Fire

MEDFORD, Ore. — Crews responded to a house fire on the 3000 block of Parkview Ct. in Medford on Tuesday afternoon. There were no injuries to the occupants or fire fighters during the fire, but two dogs were killed in the fire. Medford Fire-Rescue said the occupant was away and came home to find the … Continue reading »

Man Critically Burned in Home Fire

CENTRAL POINT, Ore. — Crews are investigating a house fire that sent a man to the hospital with critical burns. The fire started about 8:30 Monday morning in an RV on Hopkins Rd. Firefighters were dispatched to two separate reports which both turned out to be the same fire; crews said a massive column of smoke helped them … Continue reading »

Butte Falls Family Loses House in Fire

BUTTE FALLS, Ore. — A mother and father in Butte Falls had just put their kids to bed last night when a fire began in their home. The family of four made it out safely, but the home, and everything in it, was a complete loss. Their loss is being felt throughout the community. One … Continue reading »

Fallen Tree Sparks House Fire

SAMS VALLEY, Ore. — Jackson County Fire District 3 officials say a tree blown down by strong winds from Thursday morning’s severe storm caused a house fire in Sams Valley. Fire fighters responded to the fire just before 6 a.m. on highway 234. Crews say the tree was blew over onto the roof of the house, … Continue reading »

Fire Displaces Family on Thanksgiving

GRANTS PASS, Ore.– A family is spending their Thanksgiving day sorting through what is left of their home. A fire tore through the garage and part of the main house, Wednesday afternoon. Fire crews said they got reports after 5 p.m. for the home on Butler Ave. They said they were able to get the fire under … Continue reading »

Chimney Fire Dangers

GRANTS PASS, Ore. —  Investigators say five house fires have already burned in grants pass these passed few weeks because of creosote build-up. If more people ignore the condition of their chimneys, fireplaces and stoves, more fires could be expected. Ladders, brushes and poles are what chimney sweeps use to remove potentially dangerous creosote from chimney … Continue reading »

Chimney Blamed for Fire in Grants Pass

GRANTS PASS, Ore. – Rural/Metro Fire confirms a chimney fire started a house fire in the 3,400 block of Elk Lane. Fire Crews were called out at 2:35 A.M. Tuesday after the property owner reported being awakened by the smoke alarm, and seeing a red glow where the wood stove pipe went into the wall … Continue reading »

Arson Not a Factor in Early Morning Fire

MEDFORD, Ore. — Fire investigators are ruling out arson in an early morning house fire on Newtown Street in downtown Medford. Units were dispatched to the fire at approximately 5 a.m. The report apparently came from the homeowner who woke up to the smell of fire on the back porch. The fire started in a … Continue reading »

Deadly House Fire is Accidental

[UPDATE 6:45 P.M.] — Rogue River Police have confirmed the cause of an overnight house fire in Rogue River that killed two people and sent a third to the hospital. Police said, Johanna Campbell-Smith, 47 of Rogue River, was able to escape the burning home by jumping from a bedroom window. The home owner, Theodore … Continue reading »

Overnight Fire Rips Through Medford Home

MEDFORD, Ore. – Fire investigators and crews worked through the night to put out a fire that fully engulfed a vacant home. According to the Medford Fire Department they received a call of a fully involved structure fire at 4:47 A.M., Saturday. Fire investigators were still on scene at 7:00 A.M., but reported that there … Continue reading »

Older posts «