Travelers Prepare For Holiday Flights

MEDFORD, Ore. — Travelers are preparing themselves for Holiday flights at The Rogue Valley International Airport. People at the airport said they are giving themselves a lot of cushion time for flying. Lines at the airport were short Saturday and departures were on time.  

Holiday Travel Havoc

MEDFORD, Ore. — Sunday is one of the busiest travel days of the year. Millions of people are heading back home from the Thanksgiving holiday. At the Rogue Valley International Medford Airport — people were filing in and out throughout the day. Inclement weather delayed several flights in the eastern half of the United States … Continue reading »

Best & Worst Airports for Winter Travel

(CNN) — Another winter, another season of flight delays? Maybe not, if you pick the right airport for your flight. As snow has started falling in some parts of the country, it turns out that some airports do better at getting you to your destination on time than others — even within the same regions. … Continue reading »

Fourth of July Travelers Return Home

MEDFORD, Ore. —  With the Fourth of July weekend ending, travelers are starting to head back home.   According to AAA, 41 million Americans packed up and visited a specific destination this year for Independence Day. The Fourth of July has more people behind the wheel than any other summer holiday.   Eighty-five percent of Americans traveling … Continue reading »

Thanksgiving Air Travel Down This Year

MEDFORD, Ore. — Today there are more than 43 million Americans traveling 50 miles or more to their Thanksgiving destinations. 90% of them are going by car. The other 10% are traveling by plane. Air travel is down this year, at just over 3 million people nationwide, a drop of nearly 4%. In the Pacific … Continue reading »

Quiet Thanksgiving, Concerns for Sunday

  WEATHER DISCUSSION Quiet weather remains in place across the Northwest this morning. This will be the case through the next several days. Skies today will see a good amount of cloud cover from a passing area of low pressure to our south, but dry weather is anticipated. For Thanksgiving cloud cover will be on … Continue reading »

Travel Concerns for Holiday Weekend

  WEATHER DISCUSSION Quiet weather remains in place over the West while a high pressure ridge sits over our region. A weak front will stay just off the Coastline today and weaken as it moves northward. This system is bringing high clouds into the forecast area, but rainfall is not expected. The moist onshore wind … Continue reading »

Holiday Travels Planning to Take Off

MEDFORD, Ore. — Fourth of July travelers are gearing up to hit the roads. According to TripAdvisor more than 20% of people plan on traveling during Independence Day weekend. Some travelers were already heading out Tuesday, others are waiting until Wednesday or even the fourth of July itself. According to the survey, 11% of people … Continue reading »

Heavy Snow Continues for the Mountains

The snow continued to fall in the higher elevations through Friday. Snow totals have reached 2’+ in Northern California, and with the approaching front these totals will only rise through the weekend! Snow levels will rise as well this evening and into Saturday to about 2,000′-2,500′, so most precipitation for the weekend in the Rogue Valley … Continue reading »