«

»

Pet Rabbit Perishes In House Fire

GRANTS PASS, Ore. — A house fire in Grants Pass on Monday afternoon causes tens of thousands of dollars in damage.

The only person inside was in the back bedroom when he smelled smoke just before 6:00 p.m. on Monday. Grants Pass Fire crews arrived to the house on South West Mary Street in minutes and were able to contain the fire to the bedroom.

Despite the containment of the fire, there was still more than $60,000 in damages and a pet rabbit perished. Crews say the man made it out safe, but add there were no working smoke detectors in the house.