«

»

Medford Shooting Investigation Continues

MEDFORD, Ore. — Medford Police think they are looking for the person who pulled the trigger in drive-by shooting.

Late this afternoon more than a dozen officers responded to search for a suspect who ran off when police tried to pull him over. A detective made a traffic stop on a young man who matched the description of the shooting suspect.

Before the detective could approach the car, the driver took off on foot in the intersection of Summit Avenue and Haven Street in west Medford. Police searched the area but believe he may have gone inside a home. The search was called off.

Earlier in the day, 16-year-old Omar Alberto Gonzalez is now in the juvenile detention center, on charges of first degree assault, unlawful use of a weapon, and reckless endangering.

Police say Gonzalez was the driver in Tuesday’s drive-by shooting near Benson Street. Medford police say they feel pretty confident the driver that ran away this afternoon could be the shooter.

“The driver actually matched the description of the shooter that we were looking for but he took off before we even had a chance to talk to him, which makes me think it certainly could be him,” said Medford Police Lt. Mike Budreau.

Around 1:30 p.m. this afternoon Medford Police detained who they believe was a passenger in that drive-by shooting on Tuesday. That man was detained and released after an interview. The suspect is described as a fifteen year-old Hispanic male last seen wearing a black and white checkered shirt, blue shorts and white tennis shoes.

2 comments

No ping yet

  1. ed says:

    This kids mom and dad should be arrested, one for being bad parents for letting there kid get involved with gangs. once you have them in jail this kid will turn himself in to save mommy and daddy.

    1. maryjane says:

      really? you dont even know someone situation. so stop judging

Comments have been disabled.