«

»

Man Saved from House Fire

FireGRANT PASS, Ore. — A Grants Pass home is damaged, but the man living in it is safe after residents say they helped him get out.

Emergency crews responded to the call on the 1600 block of Hamilton Lane just before 3 p.m. on Wednesday. Rural Metro Fire crews contained it to one bedroom of the home.

The 53-year-old resident did go to the hospital to be checked out. There were no smoke alarms in the mobile home, firefighters say he was lucky the alert neighbors saw the smoke.