«

»

Late Night Structure Fire In Eagle Point

EAGLE POINT, Ore.– An overheated rice pillow is the determined cause of a fire that destroyed half of a duplex in Eagle Point during the night.

The fire began on Teakwood Drive around midnight. According to investigators, the residents were heating up a rice pillow in a microwave oven. The pillow became overheated and began to smolder and it was was thrown outside where it landed on a couch.

About an hour later, a smoke alarm inside the home went off and the residents were able to escape unharmed. The fire displaced 2 adults and 1 pet. The Red Cross is providing assistance with food, clothing, and comfort kits.