House Fire Investigation Continues

ASHLAND, Ore. — Fire investigators believe cooking oil may have sparked a three alarm house fire on Wednesday afternoon.

Fire District 5 and Ashland Fire responded to a home in Ashland. Three people were home at the time and safely escaped. Overnight, the flames reignited again from the debris.

Officials said, besides the cooking oil, there were also butane tanks found on the bottom floor that could have also started the flames. Crews say the cause is still under investigation.