HEMLOCK LAKE, Ore. — The 790 Fire which is located near the Sky Lakes Wilderness Area by Hemlock Lake is affecting walking and hiking trails in that area. This includes parts of the Pacific Crest Trail which runs through the area.
Fire Crews are working to fully suppress the fire, however the terrain is very steep and rocky with many wind fallen trees and snags. This makes fire suppression activities slow and difficult, and also poses threats and security hazards to hikers in the area.
Here is a list of the trails that will be closed from the fire as of August 23:
- The Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) located between Oregon State Highway 140 north to the Crater Lake National Park Boundary
- Trail #979, Alta Lake Trail;
- Trail #978, Middle Fork Trail;
- Trail #981, Seven Lake Trail
- Trail #980, King Spruce Trail;
- Trail #984, Devil’s Peak Trail;
- Trail #994, Lake Ivern Trail;
- Trail #3730, Seven Mile Trail