«

»

Firefighters Discuss Season Fire Danger

TALENT, Ore. — As temperatures begin to drop and decorations for Halloween and the holidays begin to come out, fire officials want to remind people to pay close attention.

Officials say the number of structure fires increase this time of year. Space heaters left unattended or too close to things like blankets or furniture are big fire dangers. Chimneys and wood stoves need to be checked and cleaned before using them again this season.

“Any wood stove, fire place or chimney should be checked for soot accumulation. Either have a chimney sweep clean it out or Fire District 5 will loan a chimney brush out to patrons,” said Fire District 5 Captain, Brian Bolstad.

Officials also say to never leave candles unattended and to be aware of extension cords for decorations.