«

»

Fire Near Wimer Destroys Home

5-8 house fireNEAR WIMER, Ore. — A home is a total loss after an overnight fire. Fire crews say when they arrived on scene around 10:30 last night, the house was already fully engulfed in flames.

Evans Valley Fire District 6 originally responded, but crews ran out of water and had to wait on extra water tenders. Firefighters from Evans Valley Fire Dist. 6, Rogue River Fire Dist., Rural Metro, and the Grants Pass Dept. of Public Safety all responded.

The fire chief says, the fire was most likely caused by a chimney or wood stove. No injuries are being reported.