«

»

Fire Displaces Medford Homeowner

BnTS3tlCYAALDzO

MEDFORD, Ore. – Investigators say an unattended cooking pot is to blame for a house fire that displaced a Medford homeowner this afternoon.

Firefighters from Medford Fire and Fire District Five received a call from neighbors around 1:00PM. They had to break in the front door after finding the homeowner wasn’t home and the house was locked.

By that time the flames had spread from the kitchen to the attic.

The fire was first noticed by neighbors, who said they called 911 after checking to make sure the homeowner’s dog was safe.

“We just went into the front yard, knocked on the door, looked around back for skipper — the dog,” said neighbor Cameron Campbell. “They weren’t home so we called 911.”

The Medford Battalion Chief says the homeowners will be displaced for a short time but there is no heavy structural damage to the home.