«

»

Fire At Best Buy In Medford

video preview image

MEDFORD, Ore. — A smoldering fire in a trash compactor causes employees and customers to evacuate Best Buy.

Fire crews on scene say the fire was small and contained by the compactor. They arrived at the electronics store three minutes after employees made the initial call. All of the employees and customers immediately evacuated.

“I was in there shopping and all of a sudden over the intercom they said, we’re sorry customers but we’re going to have to evacuate the building everybody needs to leave now,” says customer William Guches.

Fire crews say they were originally concerned when some smoke got into the storage facility but the smoke cleared out.