«

»

Father Suing Hospital Over Fire

PORTLAND, Ore. — A Southern Oregon man has hired a lawyer to sue the hospital where his daughter was being treated.

Ireland Lane, of Klamath Falls, is fighting cancer and was in Doernbecher Hospital for additional treatment when a fire started in her hospital bed.

Ireland suffered burns to 20 percent of her body when static electricity apparently ignited hand sanitizer she used.

Stephen Lane says his 12-year-old daughter will likely need expensive care including plastic surgery and a machine to help her breath at night.

The fire marshal’s report does not place blame on Doernbecher for the fire.