«

»

Family Safe From House Fire

NEAR GOLD HILL, Ore. — A son may be considered a hero after saving his handicapped father from a burning home on Friday evening.

Fire District 3 was called to a home on the 400 block of Crossway Road outside Gold Hill. They say a fire started in the flu of the wood stove.

While flames spread and crews arrived, the homeowner’s son went back into the home to save his father, who was trapped inside. Crews said, despite the courageous move, that kind of action should never be attempted.

“What could have happened? The fire could have overcome him, he could have been overcome by smoke and heat; it’s a very dangerous atmosphere when a house is on fire,” explained Fire District No. 3 Battalion Chief, Arlen Blenkush.

The son was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation. The family’s dogs also escaped safely.