«

»

Family and Pet Escape Fire

MEDFORD, Ore. — A Medford family and their pets safely escape a fire.

Around 10 p.m. on Tuesday night, multiple fire engines responded to the 1500 block of Stardust Way in Medford. Fire and smoke was billowing out of the garage area when crews arrived.

Investigators believe the flames started in the furnace area. They say the residents did the right thing. A 911 dispatcher told them to get out and they listened.

“So easy to get trapped into going back inside, so I’m glad they listened and people should realize that,” said Fire Captain Randy Green. “Get out. Let us worry about you and your children and your animals.”

Crews were able to save the family’s parrot. They say there is not much damage to the home.