Ashland, Ore. — The fight against HIV/Aids has changed dramatically over the last few decades, but it’s not over. On Tuesday you can join the fight by simply sitting down for a meal or grabbing a coffee.
It’s part of The Daedalus Project’s Daedalus Drinks, Daedalus Dines fundraiser. More than a dozen local restaurants and coffee shops are participating in the event. They’re contributing a portion of their proceeds to the project.
The money will go to support HIV/Aids research, prevention and community events.
Eduardo Placer, the director of The Daedalus Project said, “It’s because of that money we still have free HIV testing in our community. It is because of that money that we have a house here in Medford that houses people that would otherwise be homeless. It is because of that money that we gave scholarships to 95 students in rural Kenya who are either partial orphans or fully orphaned from the ages of 5-13. They have access to education because of money we raised.”
The following restaurants are participating in the fundraiser throughout Tuesday, be sure to mention the Daedalus Project.
- Alchemy, 10% proceeds from 4 p.m. – close
- Brothers’ Restaurant, 25% proceeds from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Café 116, 10% proceeds from 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Dragonfly Cafe and Gardens, 20% dinner proceeds from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Granite Taphouse, 10% proceeds from 11:30 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Home State BBQ, 15% proceeds from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Larks Home Kitchen Cuisine Restaurant, 10% proceeds from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Liquid Assets Wine Bar, 3 p.m. – midnight
- The Lunch Show, 100% beverage proceeds, 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Noble Coffee Roasting, 10% proceeds from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Oberon’s Tavern, 30% proceeds from 3:30 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Sammich Ashland, 10% proceeds from11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- RedZone Sports Bar N’ Grill, 10% proceeds from 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.