MEDFORD, Ore.– A Seattle engineering firm said a defect during the manufacturing process is what caused a glass panel to fall from the third story of the Rogue Community College Higher Education Center. The report done by Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. shows the presence of nickel sulfide was found, which can stress the glass and eventually trigger a slight expansion. One of the 41 interior panels hanging in the stairway fell and broke on March 10th. The glass feel on to at least one student below, but she only suffered minor cuts. College officials said the area is closed off to ensure student safety until a long-term solution is found.