ASHLAND -- The Raiders were pin-happy when they took the mat against Warner Pacific in the first of two meets at Mountain Avenue Gym Saturday afternoon. Matt Peterson, Andrew Ramirez, and Tanner Canady all pinned their opponents, putting SOU's point total virutally out of reach.
Warner Pacific didn't have a 197-pound wrestler, so they forfeit six points that way as well. In the end, the three pins and forfeit made up for 24 of SOU's 28 points as they won 28-22. They rode that momentum into their second match up of the afternoon with No. 17 Eastern Oregon.
C.J McKinnis and Devin Poppen pinned their Mountaineer opponents, and Peterson, Ramirez, and Canady each won their second matches of the day as well to key the Raiders to a 27-16 win over Eastern Oregon.
The Raiders are now 11-5 overall as a team. Simpson College is the last remaining team on their calendar; they welcome them into Ashland on Tuesday night.
After Simpson, it's on to the Cascade Collegiate Conference tournament, which for the first time ever, will be hosted in Ashland.
- With Penchant to Pin, SOU Men's Wrestling Sweeps Warner Pacific, EOU
- SOU Men and Women Basketball Sweep Corban
- PACIFIC Exclusive: Warner talks tough on big tech
- SOU's Dominant Second Half Sends Them Past EOU, into CCC Semis
- SOU Softball Claims Second CCC Title in Three Years with 6-1 Win Over EOU
- (11) SOU Men's Wrestling Dominates Simpson 41-3 in Final Regular Season Meet
- Poppen, Fischer Win Individual Titles, SOU Wrestling Co-CCC Champions
- Unsolved: Stephanie Warner (2013)
- PACIFIC: Who wants Twitter?
- Randall's Heroics Help (3) SOU Softball to Saturday Sweep