ASHLAND -- The Southern Oregon Raiders football team ultimately fell two wins short of a national title, but individuals from the team are being recognized after the season for great performances, most notably redshirt senior quarterback Tanner Trosin and redshirt junior defensive end Sean Rogers were named All-Americans by the Associated Press on Sunday.
Trosin was named to the first team in his final season with the Raiders after throwing for 4,129 yards and 28 touchdowns. He also picked up seven touchdowns on the ground and ran for 367 yards. He threw just six interceptions and completed 62.8 percent of his throws.
The Raiders' signal caller missed most of the 2016 season with a broken foot. He petitioned to be eligible for the 2017 season and that permission was granted. Trosin didn't waste the opportunity, being recognized the top quarterback in NAIA by the Associated Press with his selection.
Rogers was named to the second team in his redshirt junior season. He burst onto the scene in 2017 after recording just 3.5 sacks in 2016. As the leader of the defensive line, Rogers had 13 tackles for loss, 11 of which were sacks, to go along with five QB hurries, 34 overall tackles and two forced fumbles.
Rogers could be even more dangerous in his redshirt junior season if he improves as much from 2017 to 2018 as he did from 2016 to 2017. His most memorable part of the season was a dominant two-game span against Eastern Oregon and College of Idaho in which he racked up seven sacks, 17 tackles, and a forced fumble. Nearly half his season production came in those two games.
- Trosin, Rogers Named All-Americans by Associated Press
- SOU's Charlie Hall Named Coach of the Year, QB Tanner Trosin Offensive Player of the Year
- Trosin Wins NAIA Player of the Week, Raiders Stay at No. 7 in Rankings
- Raider Reaction: SOU Defense Stifles Yotes, Rogers Named NAIA Player of the Week
- Oregon Tech Names John Van Dyke New Athletic Director
- Faust, Fossen, Chamberlin Named SWC Players of the Year
- North Medford Names Steve Turner Head Football Coach
- Oregon Tech's Kallstrom Named NAIA Player of the Week
- OIT's Justin Parnell Named to NABC's 30 Under 30 List
- South Medford Names Josh Moody Head Baseball Coach