CORVALLIS -- If at first you don't suceed: try, try again. Oregon State's Stevie Thompsonn took this to heart, becoming the hero for Oregon State in a thrilling 97-94 double overtime win over Washington at Gill Coliseum Saturday night.
Trailing late, the Beavers battled back and tied things up late in the second half. With the game on the line, Thompson got the last shot at the end of regulation. It rimmed out, OSU couldn't get another shot off in time and the game headed to overtime.
In overtime, Thompson seemed sure to be the hero. He got fouled with almost no time left on the clock and the game tied. Hit just one of two free throws with the game tied 87-87 and the Beavers would have won. Thompson missed both free throws and the game headed to a second overtime.
In the second overtime, the game was tied yet again, 94-94 with the clock winding down. In a familiar place, the ball was yet again in Thompson's hands. He tried to drive, had nowhere to go, backed up, and at the buzzer, he put up a three. Third time's the charm.
Thompson hit the game winner in double overtime to propel the Beavers to a huge win over the Huskies, giving OSU its second straight win. On his third try to end it, Thompson cashed in and moved the Beavers to 13-11 on the season.
- Thompson the Hero as Beavers Beat Huskies at Double Overtime Buzzer
- (18) Oregon State Beats (7) Oregon for 14th Straight Time in Overtime Thriller
- Behind Fink's 33 Points, Carvalho's Buzzer Beater, Oregon Tech Survives in CCC Tournament
- Beavers, Singler Look for Second Straight Win Over Oregon
- Beavers Hire Former QB Jonathan Smith as Next Head Coach
- Oregon Tech Women Storm Back, But Fall to (11) SOU in Overtime
- Beavers Can't Close the Deal Against No. 20 Stanford, Fall in Closing Seconds
- Beavers Erase 3-0 Deficit to Knock Out Washington, Stay Alive in CWS
- Behind Ionescu's Triple Double, Ducks Advance to Women's Preseason NIT Title Game