MEDFORD, Ore.—South Medford wide receiver Jaalen Owens announced Saturday he has committed to Western Oregon University.
Very proud to declare that I am continuing my academic and athletic career at ⚫️The University of Western Oregon�� #Wolfpack�� Thank you everyone for the love and support throughout my life. pic.twitter.com/BTCJvQVBT5
— Jaalen Owens�� (@OwensJaalen) January 27, 2018
The all-state wideout had received offers from Southern Oregon University and College of the Siskiyous, but instead will head the NCAA Division II route and compete in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference.
Owens will look to help bolster a Wolves team that went 3-8 last year and has graduated their leading receiver. No returning receiver had more than 500 yards in 2017.
The commitment from Owens is the second of many that are expected to come from the South Medford senior class. Fellow wide receiver Chase Cota committed to UCLA in December, and quarterback Robbie Patterson and running back Jaylin Parnell are expected to make their announcements in the coming days.
- South Medford WR Jaalen Owens Commits to Western Oregon
- South Medford RB Jaylin Parnell Commits to Western Oregon
- South Medford DB Josiah Johnson Commits to Western Oregon
- South Medford XC's Ramirez, Duncan Commit to Portland State
- South Medford Star Receiver Chase Cota Commits to UCLA
- South Medford QB Robbie Patterson Commits to Saddleback College
- VIDEO: Cascade Christian WR Ben Dunn Talks about his Commitment to SOU Football
- SOU Lands Cascade Christian Star WR Ben Dunn
- Oregon Tech Tops NCAA DII Power Western Oregon
- South Medford Hosts Australia, Wins by 33