ROCKLIN, Cal. -- The SOU softball team rallied in the top of the seventh to beat William Jessup, using a two-run, inside-the-park home run from Kelsey Randall to turn a 4-3 deficit into a 5-4 advantage. They held on by that same score.
The win moved the Raiders to 2-1 on the season and handed William Jessup its first loss of the year. SOU lost its only game of the season to William Jessup in the season opener. The Raiders weren't done after one game Saturday afternoon.
In their second game, they shut out Menlo 5-0, also handing them their first loss of the year. Pitchers Allie Hancock and Gabby Sandoval combined for the shutout, Sandoval pitching the final four innings, striking out five while allowing just three hits.
No. 3 Southern Oregon, now 3-1 on the season will play their next six games at the NAIA Southern California Classic in West Covina, California. Those games will be played between February 9-11.
- Randall's Heroics Help (3) SOU Softball to Saturday Sweep
- SOU's Kelsey Randall Named CCC's Softball Offensive Player of the Week
- (14) SOU Softball Sweeps Northwest in Friday Doubleheader
- Late-Inning Heroics Continue to Fuel SOU's Season
- SOU Men and Women Basketball Sweep Corban
- SOU Softball Repeats as CCC Tournament Champs
- Amateur Athlete: Kelsey Randall Sets Tone for Raider Offense
- (14) SOU Earns Four-Game Sweep of Northwest
- Amateur Athlete: Harlee Donovan Provides Emotional Heartbeat for SOU Softball
- With Penchant to Pin, SOU Men's Wrestling Sweeps Warner Pacific, EOU