MEDFORD – The No. 8 Oregon women’s basketball team has won its first Pac-12 regular season title in almost 20 years.
After knocking off Arizona 74-61 on Sunday, the Ducks clinched the outright title and the top seed for the upcoming Pac-12 tournament.
Sophomore Ruthy Hebard led the way, scoring 25, and Oregon’s stifling defense held the Wildcats to a 38 percent mark from the field.
The conference championship and 27-4 regular season marks a complete 180 for the Oregon program. The Ducks went 4-27 in 2013, the year before Kelly Graves took over as head coach.
The top seed in the Pac-12 tournament also translates to a first-round bye, and Oregon will pick up play in the quarterfinals on Friday. It’ll face the winner of Colorado and Utah.
- Oregon Wins First Pac-12 Women's Title Since 2000
- Oregon Women's Basketball Wins First Pac-12 Tournament in Program History
- Eastern Oregon Outlasts SOU for CCC Tournament Title
- Oregon, Oregon State Each Move on to Women's Elite Eight
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Five Southern Oregon Athletes Win Oregon Sports Awards
- Crater Boys Win First League Title In 28 Years
- Poppen, Fischer Win Individual Titles, SOU Wrestling Co-CCC Champions
- Faust Wins Long Jump, Toey Claims Three State Titles
- Crater Baseball Wins First State Title Since 2007