KLAMATH FALLS, Ore.—Oregon Institute of Technology has appointed John Van Dyke to serve as the university’s new athletic director.
Van Dyke inherits the role from Greg Stewart, who has served as Oregon Tech’s interim AD for the past year while juggling his head coaching position of the Owls softball program. Stewart will resume his position as associate athletic director and will continue coaching.
“Oregon Tech is a special place and I am honored to be joining the Hustlin' Owls,” Van Dyke said. “I look forward to helping lead the university’s efforts to grow and strengthen our sports programs, and provide new opportunities for our men and women athletes to excel on and off the playing field."
Prior to joining OIT, Van Dyke had been serving as the men’s basketball coach and assistant athletic director at Northwest University in Kirkland, Washington since 2001.
“He is very well respected as a leader for athletes on teams he has coached and managed, and as a nationally competitive coach with a strong track record,” Oregon Tech president Nagi Naganathan said. “What we have heard from everyone we talked to is that John manages his teams and coaches with integrity, led by strong values of sportsmanship, ethics and the importance of strong academics.”
Van Dyke will officially start on February 1.
- Oregon Tech Names John Van Dyke New Athletic Director
- New OIT AD John Van Dyke, Mentee of Danny Miles, Already Feels at Home
- Oregon Tech’s Mark French and Cindy Reed Named 2017 NAIA Scholar Athletes of the Year
- Oregon Tech's Kallstrom Named NAIA Player of the Week
- Amateur Athlete: Faust Follows Familial Path in Commitment to Oregon Tech
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Kaison Faust Makes Oregon Tech Signing Official
- Nate Mayben Hired as Cascade Christian Athletic Director
- Southern Oregon MBB Clips Oregon Tech in Scoring-Friendly Thriller
- Oregon Tech Tops NCAA DII Power Western Oregon